Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Low coolant light on no throttle response on a 2007 model

Customer Question

Low coolant light on no throttle response on a 2007 model 357
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi Matt, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What engine make and model in your truck and what are the fault code numbers you have?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2007 Pete model 357 C-15 only code is low coolant when light is on and cruise is on there is no throttle response if cruise is off truck is fine

Thanks for the update. Try this procedure and let me know what you get for 2 digit flash codes.

Diagnostic Flash Code Retrieval

Diagnostic Lamp
Use the diagnostic Lamp or a Caterpillar electronic service tool to determine the diagnostic flash code.
Use the following procedure to retrieve the flash codes from the check engine light:
Turn the ignition key switch to the On position/ Engine OFF.
Turn the cruise control ON/OFF switch to the OFF position.
Move the SET/RESUME switch to either position. Hold that position until the yellow lamp begins to flash.
The yellow lamp will flash in order to indicate a two digit flash code and the SET/RESUME switch may be released. The sequence of flashes represents the system diagnostic message. Count the first sequence of flashes in order to determine the first digit of the flash code. After a two second pause, the second sequence of flashes will identify the second digit of the flash code.
Any additional flash codes will follow after a pause. These codes will be displayed in the same manner. Flash Code 55 indicates that No Detected Faults have occurred since the ignition key switch has been turned to the ON position.

Verify your coolant level is above the sensor and if so check the sensor wiring and connector pins for damage and loss of continuity in the circuit from damaged wiring. If it is okay, replace the faulty level sensor.

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.