Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2012 ISX Cummins. The egr and DPF has been deleted.

Customer Question

Hi.. I have a 2012 ISX Cummins. The egr and DPF has been deleted. Going down the road, pulling hills, interstate driving, truck runs perfect. When you slow down in traffic, or stop and let truck idle, coolant pushes over to overflow side of two part tank. If you rev motor above 1500 rpm, coolant goes back to other side. Motor does not get hot, no smoke, etc. Ive changed thermostat, examined waterpump impeller, changed compressor head.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: I would appreciate any help!!! I'm hoping I'm over thinking and missing something simple?
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: After I shut off engine, you can hear coolant girgling, and sounds like air moving in the system. Ver noticeable around the Thermostat area
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Are there any codes being thrown? Pressure test the cooling system and check for signs of coolant in the crankcase oil and exhaust for white ash deposits indicating coolant burning in the exhaust which normally would cause smoke. Let me know what the pressure test reveals.

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?