go-west..
go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.
35815791

I own a motorhome which has the Cummins ISC 350 HP engine

Customer Question

I own a motorhome which has the Cummins ISC 350 HP engine (73029532) My motorhome has 30,200 miles on the engine. After trying to find out why I was using about 1 1/2 its of antifreeze every 250 miles, Wisconsin Kenworth determined that my EGR cooler was leaking badly. I come to find out that there is a updated cooler for this engine because of problems with the cooler installed from the factory. Why wasn't I alerted to to oaf this issue? So now I have to bite the bullet for $3747.06 in repair charges. I can't believe that with only 30,200 miles that this part failed. I would like to send a letter to Cummins to at least have the company reimburse me some of my total bill. Please help me with the property person I should send my request to. Thank you.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Vin 4UZA2BS9ACAS9410, Freightliner chassis. Engine serial 73029532. Cummins ISC 350HP
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Have you read my note regarding my issue?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 2 months ago.
Good evening
Unfortunately I don't have a name of somebody you can write to but. I have a number that you can call
1800diesels
That's the customer hotline
They will help
Let me know how it goes
And let me know if you have any other questions.