Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a cat P6000 LPG forklift that makes a ticking noise.

Customer Question
pulled pan no metal, oil...
I have a cat P6000 LPG forklift that makes a ticking noise. pulled pan no metal, oil clean, valves moving properly......
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: P6000 AT13F02323
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, Still trying to isolate issue.... does not seem to be engine
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no burning of oil, no smoke and still has full power
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
7/26/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 4 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

HI i'm Wayne

I will help you with this

does it do it all the time,in gear or neutral at idle ??

the only time it seems to be less noticeable is at very light throttle. at idle and regular throttle its very noticeable

Thank you for that

Not being there to hear this

but what you are describing is the Flex plate for the

torque converter , is crack or came loose

I have seen this before

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

no, flex plate is fine

HI

Sorry for the delay

was called out

Not being there where does it sot like i t is coming from,

Engine, Top, bottom, middle???

left middle

Hi

Sorry for the delay was out most of the day

does it sound like a lifter ??

can you do a voice video ??

Wayne, Journeyman