Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

I have a gpx230 that works well in forward but has no

Customer Question

I have a clark gpx230 that works well in forward but has no pulling power in reverse
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: gpx230-0380-717 okof
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just trying to trouble shoot
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

With it pulling in one direction and not the other, that rules out the inching valve sicking, as it would affect forward and reverse. So you need to check the clutch pressure at the transmission control valve, and see if reverse is same as forward, needs to be around 180 to 200 psi. If reverse is lower, like 100 psi or less, the reverse clutch seals are bad, and the only way to repair is to rebuild the reverse clutch pack.

I see question is still open, please rate to close the question and get me credit! Thanks.