Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

Balerdoesnotcutnetwrapconsistency

Customer Question

Balerdoesnotcutnetwrapconsistency kicksrolledbalewithnetstillattached
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: balerisjustoutofwarranty
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: purchasedbalerfromsneadtractorlastmayhavenotbeenabletodiagnosteprob
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: machaniccamedownlastweekspenttimeobservingbalernoproblemafterheleftbalermalfunctionagainbalerpurchasedon60216serial1vra151y3f1004050
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there any way your tech can call me?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Researching this issue a little there were issues with the baler knives not cutting due to not being sharp enough with them needing replaced.Even if they seem sharp there were some that still would not cut.

The other issue is the baler roll was not braking as it should to allow cutting and new brake had to be installed.

Without seeing it this is difficult to say for sure which is the cause.Since it is now acting up it would be best to have a technician come out now and inspect to see if it needs new blades or a new brake installed.On some models I have heard the knife blades can be switched around to the sharper ends to then correct this but some models the edge is only one one side.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete