Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

1992 marine perkins parma 34hp diesel that makes noise like

Customer Question

1992 marine perkins parma 34hp diesel that makes noise like belt slipping. removed all belts from engine and the same noise still exists. noise is not detectable up to 1400 rpms., but increases as rpms increase up to 2200 rpms. the only work done previous is oil and filter change with same weight oil and same # mobile 1 filter. I am told that this does not use a timeing belt but has a gear train for the timing.What is the noise?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: 1962 marine perkins parma 34hp diesel that makes noise like a belt slipping. I removed all belts from the engine and the same noise still exists.noise is not detectable at idle up to 1400 rpm, however the noise increases as rpms increase up to 2200 rpms. the only work done previous to this problem was an oil and filter change using the same weight oil and the same # filter. I am told that this does not use a timing belt but has a gear train for the timing. What is the noise??
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Does it have a raw water pump, with a rubber impeller?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

I see question is till open, did you find the noise?