Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have a G3306 natural gas engine unable to pull a load.

Customer Question

I have a G3306 natural gas engine unable to pull a load. Only making two psi boost out of the turbo and wastegate of disconnected exhaust temp is about 900° F
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: 7w4315 sn/07y02514. G3306ta
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Fuel reg and turbo cartrage. We have to give it lots of fuel to keep it running. The boost out of the turbo only reaches 3psi. When the manifold pressure reaches 2 psi boost it powers out
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know what Max lose pressure on this engineers and you have the lower exhaust temp is an issue
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you havent had the exhaust checked/tested at all see if there is a restriction with the exhaust as sometimes this can cause this type of fault here.If there is a restricted component in the exhaust then that component usually requires replacement.It can cause exhaust temp issues as well as boost pressure issues.

If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is a stationary natural gas unit. We ran it with the muffler unhooked and no change. What i am looking for is the max boost pressure for a g3306taa. We changed the turbo and nossle ring and are now able to reach 6psi manifold pressure then powers out.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately with my info being limited on this model I dont show all of the info I need to help fully diagnose this issue but someone else here may have this info to help.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete