spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

My versalift TEL 28 DC frequently stopped when the batteries

Customer Question

My versalift TEL 28 DC frequently stopped when the batteries got low. The last time I ran the lift the batteries were not low the the unit quit. Is there a fuse that I should know about? Where would it be located?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Model TEL 28 DC serial # 57447
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The unit is running on 2 6v 235 amp hour deep cycle batteries.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 10 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** for your question.I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 10 days ago.

The first thing you need to check is battery water level and fill to just above the plates inside battery, don't overfill, then charge batteries fully, have batteries load tested, most auto parts will do this for free if you bring unit to them, (batteries do not need to be disconnected or removed to load test) if you do remove any batteries make sure to mark and take pictures of all battery connections to aid in reassembly.

Make sure batteries are charging once testing is completed.

If you had a blown fuse problem would not come and go it would not work again until fixed,

On these if battery amps or voltage gets low lift will stop to prevent damage to controls

Batteries cause about 80% of these types of issues and must be eliminated as a posible cause before anything else can be checked.

Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the web site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 8 days ago.

Thank you