Dorian Conley
Dorian Conley,
Experience:  Owner/Heavy Duty Diesel Technician at DMC Diesel
77110714

2, This Ram 2500 DIESEL, sat for 10 months, BATTERIES dead ;

Customer Question

2
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Hi ! This Ram 2500 DIESEL , sat for 10 months , BATTERIES dead ; After properly charging , TRUCK started effortless , and now stall after minutes of idling ; this CONDITION did not happen before truck storage time ! ; Serial # 3B7KF23D2VM521954 , DODGE RAM 2500
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Much appreciated , Tx.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Storage was INDOORS ; engine filters NEW Valves adjusted ; did run find and powerful
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Dorian Conley replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is***** have extensive Cummins engine experience, and I will assist you with your question today.

I am going to need some more information so that I can quickly pin point this for you. First of all, after the engine stalls, can you crank it and it fires right up again? Or does it crank for a long time then starts, runs rough for a while, then smooths out? Or it won’t start now that it has stalled?

Hello, I’m just checking in to see if your issue has been resolved, or if you require any further assistance? Please let me know how I can help you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Mr. Conley !; Refer to Order ID 1761 7360 --673 ; Serial number is ***** ; Issue still present , I have done nothing to solve it since I contact your people ; After stalling , start right up again , and idles for another period of few minutes , fuel and filter are new , fuel pressure around 40 pounds

Thank you for getting back to me, now let’s see if I can help you with your engine problem.

Just a reminder, I have no way of testing the engine for you, so I will be relying on your information and testing procedures from here on in. I will do the best I can to provide you with professional and accurate information.

One short moment please, while I look up the diagnostic procedures for your issue. Thanks!

Okay, so because your Cummins 5.9L is a Mechanical 12 Valve, there are only a handful of potential things that could be causing your issue. Would you like me to go through them 1 by 1 or would you rather have a printed list you could check them off yourself as you go through each one? If you need help with specs for each procedure or how to step by step, I am here to help, Just Ask! Please let me know what you would like to do. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You are the expert Dorian , I will follow your advice , my experience with anything on wheels is very extensive ; But when it come to solve problems related to ANTI THEFT system or CSM memory , which I presume are the source of the ..?? : Do not count on me on anything related to the above issues ; Valves lash are properly adjusted ; There is not exhaust catalytic or plug muffler ; Exhaust color is clear all the time ; Tx.

Okay, sounds good! Do you have an aftermarket anti-theft system installed on your truck?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If there is one , it was installed prior me owning this truck which I drove 2 months each of the previous 2 summers .

Okay I will send you a list of diagnostics to start going through. Some of them are simple and some you may have already gone through, in that case just check them off. One moment please.

Please take a look at the following attachment. We need to eliminate any possible fuel system issues before going any further. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HI DORIAN ! ; The RPM on older diesel trucks ( here in the north of CANADA) is set at around 1100 to 1200 RPM , thisone is set a bit over 1100 ; The fuel shutoff valve has being by - pass and a Pull - Push cable has being installed , sometime prior I owing it , cable is not quinked and is working fine ; Anticipating to have hard time with old houses , In the next day or two I will try your suggestion of using a JERRY - CAN as fuel supply source and fuel return container ( nice trick DORIAN ) ; Tx.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still working the problem with Mr Conley ; I will inform results of the ongoing tests . Tx.
Expert:  Dorian Conley replied 1 month ago.

Sounds good, and no problem - take as much time as you need, I am here whenever you can get back to me. As you give me results I will check them off, and see what else we can go after in the meantime.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tx. Dorian .

Hello, just checking in to see if you had any luck testing the fuel system? No rush, just checking in. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi dorian ! ; Will go back to our project June 29 ; keep in touch , both ways . Tx

Okay sounds good! Thanks!

Hello, I’m just checking in to see how things are going with you truck. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Hello, If you no longer require my services or would like to continue our troubleshooting at a later date, please rate my service, and we can continue at any time after that. Thank you.