Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Where is the ECM located on a 2003 F-750 with cat c7 engine,

Where is the ECM located...
Where is the ECM located on a 2003 F-750 with cat c7 engine
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Do you mean vin # for truck
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We know its in the wiring, probably to the ECM it happened before, it wont start, no fuel is getting through. We had it towed to mechanic, when they tried to start it, it ran OK. They had no trouble with it. Now 2 months later it won't start again same problem, no fuel
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not
5/15/2017
Wayne, Journeyman

HI i'm Wayne

I will help you with this

it is mounted on the driver side of the engine

square box, will have 1-3 plug ins,

also there is a fuse under it check that

it did not blow

I hope this helps you

Hi If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

That is the only way I get credit for the question

Or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time

If you need more info use the INFO button

Not the Poor/Bad service

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA

I get nothing for my time

HI

do you need any more info on this ??

Let me know ,

HI

You requested me , I have helped you

do you need any more Help ??

My question is really not," where the ECM is located" that was my search on google. My real problem is, I have a F-750 Ford truck with a Cat C-7 engine, there are no check engine lights on, and they do work, and twice the engine has failed to start. There is no fuel being injected in engine. The first time it happened we had it towed to a Cat dealer, the mechanic didn't know why the truck was there, got in it and started it right up and checked it out and found nothing wrong. We called to see how truck was coming along and told him the truck wouldn't start, but he had no trouble starting truck. The second time the truck didn't start we felt it was a bad connection somewhere, because we assumed towing truck the last time shook truck around and thats why it started for the mechanic. so we wanted to know where the ECM was to check electrical connections. I sprayed some fuel in the air intake at first it didn't start but 10 minutes later it started and ran OK. We wonder if there is a switch, control, sensor, that has to make to start engine but after it is started doesn't need it. It seems if it was a loose connection going down the road there would be trouble at times, but once it starts there is no trouble at all.

Morning

I answered your question as it

states where is the ECM

I did not get a accept for that

now you ask a different question

Wayne, Journeyman
Not sure where you got question, "where is ECM located " that was my google search, I talked to a lady from just answer and typed out question like the one I just sent. You should have that one?

Morning

No this is the one I have

any way I have seen this before

what happens is in the ECM a diode fails or wire

comes loose, hit a bump it jars it back to a connection

I suggest to replace the ECM

Wayne, Journeyman