cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

My cummins ISX engine has a faulty code mid128 pid 91 fmi2

Customer Question

Hi my cummins ISX engine has a faulty code mid128 pid 91 fmi2 what is my problem please help
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 2009 cummins ISX engine with code mid128 pid 91 fmi2
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I just got this problem
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks a lot
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Don replied 5 months ago.

hi there this code has to deal with the throttle position sensor 1 and 2 here is the Accelerator Pedal or Lever Position Sensor 1 and 2 and repair

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay thanks I will try to tested or replace it
Expert:  Don replied 5 months ago.

you welcome please press the accept button have a great day

Expert:  Don replied 5 months ago.

please accept my answer so i can get paid thanks and have a great day

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a faulty codes mid 128 sid 314 fmi 0 and 128 sid 380 fmi 11 on a cummins isx 2009 engine with serial number 79290768 and also is a skin for a parking regeneration but it do not accept it said operation fail
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 4 months ago.

Here are the faults you have that I have answered twice already in your other posts.
Fault Code: 1664
SID: S380
SPN: 3050
FMI: 11
LAMP: Amber
Catalyst Missing - Condition Exists. The aftertreatment catalyst in the exhaust system is not present.
Active aftertreatment diesel particulate filter regeneration will be disabled.This fault code becomes active when the aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst inlet and aftertreatment diesel particulate filter inlet temperature sensors do not detect the presence of a catalyst in the aftertreatment system. This can be caused by tampering with the catalyst system, the catalyst has been removed from the vehicle, or a damaged catalyst. There may be a ecm calibration revision to fix this code and can be cleared with the Cummins Insite program only.
Here is the other fault You will need to force a regen. If the engine will not allow you yo do a regen then you again will need a shop or someone who has the Cummins Insite program to clear the fault and perform a regen
Fault Code: 1921
SID: S324
SPN: 3251
FMI: 0
LAMP: Amber
SRT:
Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure - Data Valid but Above Normal Operational Range - Moderately Severe Level. The soot load of the aftertreatment diesel particulate filter has exceeded the recommended limits.
The aftertreatment dash lamp will flash. Engine protection derate.
Possible causes of this fault code include:
The engine has been operating in a light load condition that prevents exhaust temperatures from being high enough to actively regenerate the aftertreatment diesel particulate filter.
Possible engine damage that causes excessive black soot to be generated.
The aftertreatment diesel particulate filter can accumulate an excessive amount of ash in a short time period. This can be due to excessive oil consumption or due to non-combustible elements such as, but not limited to, iron, potassium, or calcium contained in fuel additives. PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE/ACCEPT MY SERVICE

Hi just following up. Please don't forget to rate my service

Please don't forget to rate/accept my service