Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have you made any progress on the below problem. I am

Customer Question
Hi Daniel, Have you made any...
Hi Daniel,
Have you made any progress on the below problem. I am getting same codes 61446 and 61448.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/12/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi Mark, This is Dan. What are you working on? I just checked your question history and I dont see a question we were already working on? What is the make model and serial number and engine info, as well as a description od symptoms it is having?

This was a problem another person was having with a Paccar motor. I added to the string via the below page. Codes were 61446 and 61448 on a Kenworth. I was paid to just tell my customer's mechanic what the codes meant and possible strategies for repair. But when I pulled the codes up my scanner said "codes unavailable" or "undefined" or some thing like that. I need a definition of what the codes mean and a repair stratgy. I read your response (attached below) and figured since 2 years have passed perhaps there have been some updates and you can help me out with these codes. They are coming up all over the internet as a pair.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

I understand. What model paccar engine is this and are they using Davies to pull the fault codes or Cummins Insite or a generic scan tool? Sometimes generic scan tools resort to default codes that do not match up to the OEM codes. See if you can find this out from your customer so we are not hunting for codes that are not in the OEM database.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Paccar codes start with a P or U in front and usually a 4 digit number after. Examples:

8/30/2013
P0121, P022D, U1406, U1407
Updated diagnostic and troubleshooting content, and formatting.
9/20/2013
P0016, P0017, P0087, P0121, P1087, P1496, P1560, P2560, U1163, U142F
10/11/2013
P1401; P1407; P140E; P1514; P1516
10/25/2013
P1110
11/1/2013
P0219; P1711; P2541; P2542
11/8/2013
P101E; P1020; P1021; P1022; P1023; P1024; P1025; P1403; P1404; P1407; P140E; P1480; P1482; P1483; P1484; P1485; P1486; P1487; P1488
P3767
Corrected fault code description
11/15/2013
P1495; P1496
12/13/2013
P1158; P1159; P1160; P1161; P1711; P1718; P1719
1/17/2014
P1580; P1581; P1719
Updated diagnostic and troubleshooting content, and formatting

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

That is why I ask if they used the Davies software to get the codes or another means that might be registering generic code numbers that dont match to Paccar.

I have two scan tools Cummins Insite as well as a genesis heavy duty scan tool. I'm the one that pulled those numbers and if you notice on the attachment I sent you, those codes were mentioned on your side. That's originally why I reached out to you. Have you read the attachment? As far as my Cummins Insite I can't get it to communicate with a Paccar motor. My Genesis heavy-duty scanner says the codes are undefined.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Paccar uses Davies to communicate and those codes are Davies codes. Some can be converted to Cummins but Sometimes Generic scanners can pull code numbers that will send ya on a wild goose chase for ghost code numbers that do not exist or cross over. Is there a reason they wont have Davies plugged in to verify these are true numbers they need to look for and not completely different Paccar fault numbers? Im not seeing those anywhere in my manuals.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

I have a feeling they may exist in Davies an possibly under another number.

I'm confiscated about the term Davies. Furthermore I'm confused about your sentance "Is their a reason they won't have Davies plugged in to varify these are true numbrers." Is Davies some internal software platform that they have the option to turn on and use? The way your sentence reads it appears Davies is not a scan tool but something they have control over, yes?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Davies is Kenworths (Paccar) diagnostic software as Insite is for Cummins.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Click this link

Davie

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson