Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a Ram 3500 with a Cummons engine. Getting a message

Customer Question

I have a Ram 3500 with a Cummons engine. Getting a message 'active airbox service require - see dealer' My son is driving the truck on a trip from Columbus ohio to North Carolina. Need to know if this try of problem will damage the engine
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: 2013 Dodge Ram 3500. I do not have the serial number or vin with me
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the phone number I provided is a lan line - not a cell phone. Reply by email or call the lan line - thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the estimated time for an answer was 8 minutes - it has been over 1 hour. When can I expect to receive an answer to my question?
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Have him check the air filter for excessive restriction.

This is not going to hurt anything but it is a known issue on these trucks with the airbox. In most cases replacing the airbox corrects the issue. Let me know