Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a flash code that appears with a stop engine lite

Customer Question

I have a flash code that appears with a stop engine lite 4363 fail 0 some times and it shuts off when I start the engine again it has a regeneration solid lite and it stays on through the parked regeneration cycle does not shut off in a half hour. . shop ran the regeneration earlier this week. What should I tell the shop when ok go back. 2013 cascadia Freightliner Vin #
1fujglbg2dsbx2662 issue Cummings serial number 79561243
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 5 months ago.

Good evening

4360/0

or

Details for Cummins fault code:###-##-####edAftertreatment 1 SCR Outlet Temperature - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Most Severe LevelReasonAftertreatment SCR Outlet Temperature - Data Valid But Above Normal Operational Range - Most Severe Level. The selective catalytic reduction (SCR) outlet temperature sensor reading has exceeded the maximum temperature limit.EffectPossible reduced engine performance.Component LocationThe SCR outlet temperature sensor is located in the aftertreatment system. The sensor is located after the SCR catalyst.Circuit DescriptionThe selective catalytic reduction (SCR) outlet temperature sensor is used by the engine control module (ECM) to monitor the engine exhaust temperature exiting the SCR catalyst. The ECM monitors the voltage on the signal pin and converts this to a temperature value.

Possible causes of this fault code include:
  • Malfunctioning SCR catalyst
  • Degraded, diluted, or incorrect diesel exhuast fluid
  • Malfunctioning in-range SCR outlet temperature sensor.
  • Expert:  go-west.. replied 5 months ago.

Let me know if you have anymore questions..

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
    Can the. Shop replace the scr. Temperature sensor? How much would it cost?

scr

very expensive,up to or over 3300.00$

sensors are usually 120.00$ each

Hello i see that the question is still open

Do you have anymore questions..?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
    Scr temperature sensor was replaced by the shop but I am still having a regeration solid lite onn. When I run parked regeration the cycle continues to run past one half hour and stays on high idle.

Conditions for Clearing the Fault Code

• To validate the repair, perform a key cycle, start the engine and let it idle for 1 minute.
    • The fault code status displayed by INSITE™ electronic service tool will change to INACTIVE immediately after the diagnostic runs and passes.
    • The ECM will turn off the red STOP ENGINE lamp immediately after the diagnostic runs and passes.
    • The Reset All Faults command in INSITE™ electronic service tool can be used to clear active and inactive faults, as well as extinguish the MIL for OBD applications

If you have done the above then the scr canister could be compromised..