Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2004 international 8600, cummins ism need to know

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: i have a 2004 international 8600
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: cummins ism need to know about ac where is the thermostat location of this truck
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes myself vacuumed and oil the ac system and recharged
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the ac compresor turns on and off to quick i send it directly to power and it blows cold ac now but when i plug it in as its original it does not blows cold air
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Lets start over here.

What was done to the AC system and why? Were parts changed out? If so, what parts? Was the system flushed out if this is a compressor failure? Was the expansion valve/orifice tube changed out as well as the drier? How long did you vacuum the system? Hoe much refrigerant was put back in? And lastly, what are the pressures reading at idle and what do they read at 1300 to 1500 RPMs?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

Almost forgot, was the system evaporator and condenser both cleaned off?

There are two systems on these trucks. One under the passenger seat and one in the dash. Which one do you have?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Do you need more time to resolve the issue?