Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

2010 freightliner century vin AC2004 What the reason that

Customer Question
2010 freightliner century vin AC2004 What...
2010 freightliner century vin AC2004
What the reason that cutoff the power/ground go to a/c control panel? My control panel: blower speed control, a/c, heater side, cycle switch, a/c switch some time does not have power, once it happens this hold panel have no power or no ground, i wonder if any1 know what could related? Is there any relay involved?
Currently i swaped the a/c panel from other same truck but still doing the same, sometime on and off.
Thank you
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5/9/2017
Technician: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Has anything been checked for this issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

I just swap the dash panel that all. Everything work fine if this power/maybe ground no cut off to this panel control.

O.k.,I dont show a diagram myself on your model here but what can cause an intermittent power or ground loss issue is loose or damaged wiring leading to the control panel itself and sometimes even the electrical connections to it.If you havent traced and inspected these this should be done.I would check and trace the wiring to see if any issues are found.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

This info is very general, ofcourse it gonna be harness somewhere but i need more specifically like connector end to end and location

Unfortunately I do not have the diagram for this here myself to help further but someone else here may have this info.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 6 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

There is a relay in the SAM (fuse box module). You can check it and see if it is causing the issue. However, if the relay is good, then I suggest if you can to connect up the laptop and see if the blower motor is shorting or overheating causing an error (it will code, may be showing on dash now) or testing the circuit out of the SAM and seeing if you are dropping power out of the SAM. If you are dropping power out of the SAM, then the board is bad and the SAM will need to be replaced. Most likely though on this model it will be more related to the fan blower motor. It has a module on it that tells the A/C to kick in and out. If that blower motor acts up, the whole A/C drops off.

That is presuming you have power to the A/C control head the whole time. Now if you are for certain you are dropping power to the control head, check the relays. They should be clearly marked for you. You have a blower, high blower, and A/C. The high blower only works the high blower so if the issue is only on that sped, then replace that relay. If it is all speeds, check the blower relay. You can test the pins and verify you have 2 powers and 2 grounds with the A/C on. If you do with the A/C not working, then move on to the blower motor. The regular A/C relay controls the clutch. Usually when you have only a heat/cool problem you check there. Yours is system wide.

Let me know if you need the diagram to check the power out of the SAM if you have no code showing on the dash or the scanner.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

One thing I forgot to ask... Does this occur when the sleeper system is on, off, or it doesn't matter? I ask because if there is a fault in the sleeper and this only happens when the sleeper is on as well, it can be the heater control box under the bunk mounted next to the blower. It is the only part in the sleeper that will cause the entire system to go down if the issue is happening with only the sleeper on. Otherwise, ignore this comment.

I already release truck for testing the system if it happens again or not with the sleeper off. Will see next 2-3 days sir. I will rate ur answer next 2 days.
Thank you so much....

You're welcome.

When you work on it again, we can go from there.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Do you need more time to resolve the issue?

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician