Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have this same fault code. 3375 pulled strait from insite.

Hi Andy. I have this...
Hi Andy. I have this same fault code. 3375 pulled strait from insite. Currently active. Trying to click on your troubleshooting link and it will not work
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2017
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 5 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, Network Engineer specializing in CAN faults, Aftertertreatment, and vehicle communications

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Andy isn't here anymore. do you have the link you are referencing?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

cummins CM2250
serial 79720319fault 3375 active - regen to frequent
fault 3134 non active
fault 2764 non active
fault 2639 non activelooking for a good troubleshooting guide. Don't want to jump the gun and go straight to replacing particulate filter when all i really need is a sensor.

Here is for the 3375 code

Possible causes of this fault code include:

• Malfunctioning aftertreatment temperature sensor(s)
  • Malfunctioning or stuck in-range aftertreatment DPF pressure sensor
  • An engine malfunction resulting in high engine out smoke
  • Damaged or malfunctioning OEM wiring harness to the differential pressure sensor
  • Aftertreatment DPF with excessive ash accumulation caused by lubricating oil consumption or coolant consumption.

An excessive ash accumulation condition reduces the soot holding capability of the DPF and will cause frequent aftertreatment regenerations

CODE

Fault Code: 3375
PID: S115
SPN: 5397
FMI: 0/31
LAMP: Amber
SRT:

REASON

Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Regeneration Too Frequent - Condition Exists. The system has detected that the need for an active regeneration has occurred too soon following the last active regeneration.

EFECT

None on performance.

with the addition of the other faults that are not currently active, do you have a recommendation of what to start with?https://www.dropbox.com/s/iva43v8quvtexo1/3375%202.pdf?dl=0This last link is for troubleshooting it !here is the link i was trying to open

If you reset those other codes, do they come back? I ask because they are known as inactive/active codes. The outlet temp sensor code, 3134, it will come and go as the regen is being done if the regen isn't getting hot enough. Have you ran a regen and monitored the temps to see that they are all going up together and all are getting above 1000 degrees with the inlet at least 1260?

The 2764 can be a concern if it returns after clearing indicating the EGR valve is sticking. If it goes away and stays away AND you show the temps all going up the same, but not getting the inlet to at least 1260 there is a issue most likely going on with the turbo actuator. The reason I state that is because of the code 2639. That is the huge telling sign to me that the turbo actuator isn;t doing it's job.

The 2639 fault code can be triggered if the application is not operating at duty cycle high enough to regenerate the aftertreatment diesel particulate filter. This fault code indicates that the exhaust temperatures exiting the turbocharger are not high enough to actively regenerate the soot that is trapped in the aftertreatment diesel particulate filter. It may be necessary to increase the duty cycle of the application in order to prevent plugging of the aftertreatment diesel particulate filter.

Note: This fault code indicates that the aftertreatment diesel particulate filter requires maintenance by preforming a stationary regeneration procedure. This is a maintenance procedure only and is not covered by Cummins warranty.

The engine has been operating in light load operating conditions that prevent exhaust temperatures from being high enough to regenerate the aftertreatment diesel particulate filter.A possible engine damage that causes excessive black smoke to be generated.The aftertreatment diesel particulate filter soot loading can be classified into four different stages. As the soot load increases, the AFTERTREATMENT lamp and the Cummins CHECK ENGINE (Amber) or STOP ENGINE (Red) lamp will operate according to the table below. The stationary regeneration procedure can be used to clear the soot from the aftertreatment diesel particulate filter in stages 1, 2, and 3. At level 4, the aftertreatment diesel particulate filter is completely plugged and must be replaced. Inadequate exhaust temperatures entering the aftertreatment system can be a cause of high soot loads in the aftertreatment diesel particulate filter. The duty cycle of the application may need to be increased in order to prevent excessive soot from accumulating in the filter.

Here is what I suggest trying. I'm presuming you have Insite. Go into the advanced data and perform a reset on the dpf. Then remove the gas pressure sensing tube on the manifold. See if the temps rise when doing the regen. Also whuile doing this, monitor the turbo actuator position in the data logger for the "percent closed." you want to see it showing closed and those temps jump up. If they don't, then the turbo actuator is bad.

On the link, Andy removed his dropbox when he left the site so no one can access it.

Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
this is what i was looking for, I do have insite. this is my first cm2250 most of this stuff I'm able to do myself if i know what to do.
Truck runs at 80k everywhere it goes, however its usually start/stop less than 150 mile trips.it will allow me to do a parked regen every other day. (light does not come on, i just always hold the start button down on the toggle switch and try to force one while fueling at end of every day)i just cleared the 2764 it only had a 1 count on it,ill will force a regen with insite and check temps and monitor actuator.thank you.

You're welcome.

Have a good night.