Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

1999 isuzu npr gas with the key on no power to fuel pump…

Customer Question
1999 isuzu npr gas with...
1999 isuzu npr gas with the key on no power to fuel pump once you spin the motor for 15 seconds it will crank
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/21/2017
Technician: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I am having a hard time locating this engine liter size in this year and model here.Can you verify the year and model of your vehicle here as well as engine liter size for me?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1999 isuzu npr gas 5.7
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry its a 1998 isuzu npr 5.7 gas chevrolet motor

O.k.,unfortunately my info on the NPR only goes back to 1999 so I dont have the diagrams needed for this one here.Someone else here should be able to assist on this though.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Is the starter engaging and the engine is just not spinning? Am I understanding correctly?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the start is engaging and the is spinning...it has to do with the fuel priming...what primes the fuel system on this truck?

You have a lift pump that primes the engine. Are you hearing it engage when you turn the key on?

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.