Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

My ac is blowing warm air. It's Volvo vnlwith d13. Checked…

Customer Question
My ac is blowing...

My ac is blowing warm air

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

It's Volvo vnl(###) ###-####with d13

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked ac compressor belt freeon level. They are okay

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

It was working perfect. This morning I turned it on heat and later tried to turn on ac but the warm air never stopped

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/15/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the blend door actuators for damage or proper operation. its possible its not moving from a damaged door or faulty actuator. If okay check the heater control for sending proper signal to the actuator. Check that the AC clutch is coming on and engaging the AC compressor for cooling. If not check the system for leaks and also your fuses and relays. Let me know.

Would you be able to tell me where the fuses and relays related to air conditioning are located at?Also the bunk ac is not blowing the cold air.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 years ago

I do not have the fuse chart for the 2016 but it should be in the drivers manual if not labeled on the panel itself. I usually dont look at them and test all fuses for power on both sides with the ignition switch on. Any fuses with power on one side are faulty and need replacement. For the relays I swap one at a time with a known good one ( either new or an existing one from a known working circuit) for test purposes. Let me know