Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I need the highest hp file for a 6ts13435. Its factory 475…

I need the highest hp...
I need the highest hp file for a 6ts13435. Its factory 475 now. I have cat et dealer available.
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/25/2017
Technician: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 5 years ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.I can get you the flash file you need. What is your email address?
What is the highest power I can get? We pull equipment up mountains. Need to the power
The highest you can get is 550 HP with 1850 foot pounds of torque.
FF is on the way.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Phone call session started
This is my first time trying to flash a file in. We have multiple trucks to do and just purchased an et with all flash files loaded and password ***** Not 100% how to you is if you could give me step by step I would greatly appreciate it
The file you sent was a low nox kit, everyone says to stay away from this file?
All that's available now are the low Nox files. But to be honest. They are the same as the earlier files. The only difference is the low Nox gets very slightly lower fuel economy as Cat had to change some of the timing maps in the software to put out the correct Nox. Power is the same.
Ok understandable. I'm trying to program the personality module in and with my password ***** it keeps saying invalid passwords. It worked the first time for ftl and fts but not personality module. And ideas?
Thanks for the information.
Not sure why that's happening. I would think if it works for FLS and FTS it should work for the PM
What happens if personality module doesn't get programmed. Or do you have access to the passwords?

If the Pm does not get changed. The engine will be either s crank no start or it will start but only idle. Unfortunately I do not have Factory password ***** Sorry.

Could the ff be wrong and that's why it won't take it?

No. The FF can not cause a Factory Password ***** as ling as its the correct one for the engine serial number. But I will double check the FF number. Be back in a few minutes.

I closed out of et and restarted and now it's not getting any communication..???

Yes that the correct FF for your serial number. Where are you getting the passwords from?

It's a password ***** where you double click on the pm to configure and pops up screen to insert passwords. Then i save the HTML link then open it in this other application and hit 2 keys icon and it pops up with the passwords. The fts ftl passwords worked fine for passwords but now the pm doesn't want to accept the passwords. Keeps sayin incorrect passwords. Tried 10 times. Exited et and reloaded and now no communication to ecm

I see. I have not ever used that password ***** before. I only use the one at the Cat dealer. Maybe its only for FLS and FTS only and not able to do the PM. Can you check with where you got the generator?

Try rebooting your computer and removing and reconnecting the comm adapter. Sometimes they get hung up and stop communicating.

I've disconnected everything a rebooted computer. Message pops up on et unable to communicate with the ecm.

Try connecting to Win Flash again.

I got inoncommunicate. Stupid me hit the key to off. But still won't accept the passwords. Is there a different file we can try?

I can send you the 475 for your engine. Then try and see if you can get passwords for this.

Ok

FF on the way.

I've tried re downloading the 2 files a few times and no succes. Kept comming up with <not programmed> and the last time it came up with a asphalt paver number! But still won't take the file all the way. Stops between 60-80% and then freezes and I have to abort

Thanks for the information.

Flash aborts are normally caused by data link interference in the data link wiring. Whenever a flash can not be completed. A bypass harness will need to be installed. The bypass harness connects directly to the ECM 40 pin connector and has a data connector for your ET.

The part number for the Cat bypass harness is(###) ###-####/p>

This truck has to roll in 6 hours! Haha. What are my options? Keep trying to load the file? I saved the stock file but I can't find where it was saved to...

Oh no. I hate to hear that. Yeah without a bypass harness, all that can be done is to keep trying. I am sorry. I hate this is happening.

me too. Does this happen often?

Yes. But not always. It happens 1 out of 5 times I flashed an ecm while on the truck.

Hello my friend, what is the brake saver file for? I'm still having issues trying to get this file loaded on this ecm. I have a breakout/bench harness hooked to the computer now. Trying to load the flash file you sent me again. Will it even work if there's no communication from ecm?
A brake savor is an engine brake that works like a torque convert. Never seen one on a 3406E.
Yeah it will work as long as you can communicate with won flash.
Okay, was just reading about them last night. Any thoughts on the communication issue?
If while attempting to flash the ecm and the flash does not complete 100%. ET will not communicate with the ecm. However. It should communicate when you click the Winflash icon. If you can't connect with winflash. There's either a wiring issue to the ecm or a bad ecm.
It is connevin with winflash. I'll be able to load all but 100% of the file in. It'll stop at 70%. 80% or 20% and I'll have to cancel the flash because it'll freeze and sit at what ever percent it's at then it won't be able to communicate
it does this when flashing through your bypass harness?
After several attempts I got it to finally take the 550 file you gave me but now we are back to the passwords being wrong.
I see. Not sure why they will not work. Sorry. Like I was saying yesterday. I've only used the Cat dealer password ***** I've never used the kind you have. Sorry.
Is there a way you could check to see if the passwords I have are wrong?
Unfortunately not. Sorry. The password ***** generated from all the information on the factory password ***** This is done with whatnis called an alga rhythm calculator. Basically the calculator take all that info on the screen and puts it in a formula. Then the calculator spits out the passwords.
The key generator that I have is the same on for cat everyone uses through et. It's just the passwords won't work for personality config. I can change fts fls numbers and they require a password ***** the generator works fine for those. I there mother parameter that has to be met for them to work?
I see. Thanks for the information.
I have heard of password ***** before that can be downloaded. The password ***** I used was on the Cat website.
I assume the one you have is only for fuel settings and can not do pm changes.
It looks that's way. What do I do if that is the case?
You would have to get someone or a dealer that can get cat online passwords.
I found my problem. It's the low nox file. The interlock number is ***** high. Needs to be below 300 for my key gen to generate passwords. Can you get me a 550 file pre-low nox flash?
I see. Thanks for the information. Unfortunately all that's available are the low Nox files. The older files have not been available for over 10 years.