Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

F/L with a M11 in it. When the drain plug was pulled to

change the oil it had...
F/L with a M11 in it. When the drain plug was pulled to change the oil it had two little pieces of metal stuck to it that look like needle bearing parts? Where in the engine is there bearings like this or is it something else?
1/17/2017
Technician: cumminsdr, Mechanic replied 5 years ago
cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic

Water pump , front gear housing. accy drive for air compressor and fuel pump have something similar.

But these engines have issues with camshafts failing and coming apart. If I was you I would take the time and drop the oil pan and inspect the bottom end. I'm sure there is probably more metal lying in the pan elsewhere. And Cut open the OLD oil filter (if you have it) and check for metal or bearing material in the filter element and bottom of the filter can. You can also see the cylinders and camshaft from below too. Just turn the engine by hand. To check the water pump and accy drive. remove the belts and try to move the pulleys that the belts run on. If there is excessive play side to side or up and down the part is bad.Please don't forget to rate/accept my service.

cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic