spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

Why do I have a sudden major fuel leak on top of my 96 N14

Why do I have a sudden major fuel leak on top of my 96 N14 Cummins

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Is this an external leak and has anything been inspected at all for this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Hi Joseph

the only fuel up top is the crossover tubes and o-rings that go between the cylinder heads

look between the rocker boxes for fuel leak

its a common leak that comes out of nowhere

Let me know if you need more help

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You are correct I think it's right between 2 of the heads a crossover tube's one of them is blown apart
Is it a difficult procedure to replace those ??

No not to bad to do them

Try getting out bolts first before removing anything, I don't recall which one you can do without pulling anything apart, worse case is only one rocker box needs to be removed

just use a good screwdriver to break bolts loose (if yours are slotted bolts) then use a magnetic one to remove bolts, then use a long pick to change o-rings, and crossover tube

use grease on new o-rings and assemble.

Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you

spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience: I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.