Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MERCEDES SPRINTER?

Customer Question

Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What troubles are you having with your Sprinter?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It says it is empty blue def. But it is full. It is in limp mode.

Thanks for the info. That is likely a sensor or wiring harness problem giving a false reading. Check for both

What are the fault code numbers you are getting?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I left work 3 hrs ago. I can't remember. Code.
1 said low dpf and other said starter shut down dpf. But it starts, in limp mode.

Thanks for the update. Let me know the codes when you can. Check the wiring ans sensors for trouble.Try disconnecting the battery cables and wait over 5 minutes. Touch the cables together once disconnected to remove residual power. Hook them back up and see if the problem exists. If so and no sensor or wiring trouble is found it will need the software reflashed and updated to reset the system. The dealer has to do this.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
CODE P13E0, LOW ADBLUE SYSTEM STAGE 1 NUMBER OF STARTS LIMITED TO ***** LEVEL, P1521 THE STARTER WAS DISABLED BY EXHAUST AFTERTREATMENT SYSTEM .

P1521-INCORRECT ENGINE OIL TYPE
Theory of Operation
(Refer to 09 - Engine - Description) for information regarding engine oil.

When Monitored:
Engine Running.

Set Condition:
Using the oil pressure, oil temperature and other vital engine inputs the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) can determine the engine oil viscosity. Incorrect viscosity will effect the operation of the MDS by delaying cylinder activation .

Possible Causes
INCORRECT ENGINE OIL TYPE
ENGINE OIL CONTAMINATION
ENGINE OIL

P13E0 Sensor for internal pressure of cylinder 1 Malfunction Pressure based measured TDC vs. crank position sensor for cyl. 1 out of range

Check for engine crank sensor signal to the ECM. Possible sensor or wiring harness issue. Also for the correct viscosity engine oil.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
MY COMPUTER GAVE OTHER CONDITION IS THIS WRONG? THIS IS A 2.2 EUROPEAN ENGINE.

That is what I am showing. Let me opt out in case another expert might have confirmation. I have limited information on those codes.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Do you have the VIN number to be able to see which Sprinter you have since that information wasn't listed? I can then see what the codes are for and compare to what was given.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy