Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a R500 Scania 2009 model which has oil pressure.

Hi. I have a R500 Scania 2009 model which has oil pressure. Engine has just had an engine overhaul by an authorised mechanical workshop and has done about 10,000 km. we have changed the oil twice but pressure seems to be slowly reducing.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: Scania, 2009 model, R500
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, the first time the oilnpressure warning came on after 3,000km of the engine being overhauled we found the engine oil was very dirty. It had been contaminated by something? The oil on the second change was not too bad. Also, the engine had overheated at about 600km after the engine overhaul due to a split water pipe. That caused several overheating due to air in the cooling system.

Hi chubby, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Open up the oil filter and squeeze the excess oil in a vise from a good sized cut out sample of the filter media. Look for metal or bearing material indicating a rod, main, or cam bearing issue with this engine that would be related to the overhaul. Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. Will give that a go tomorrow.

Anytime. Pleasure to help

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My sincere apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I had to travel to a remote part of the country. We took off the oil filter and found metal shavings. Checked the oil pressure valves and found them scored, drained the engine oil and found water in the oil, pressurised the radiator and found water coming in through 7 or 8 piston.

Hi, Thanks for the update. that is not good news as this is cause for another overhaul and due to the overheating history the head and block should be checked for warpage and for cracks as well to be sure they are both in specs for a successful rebuild.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. We have arranged for the vehicle to go back to the workshop under warranty.

I am glad to hear they are going to stand by their work. It's been a pleasure to help.