roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks
Experience:  Shop Froeman for Freightliner Trucks
3506196

I t feels like the clutch is slipping in twelfth gear on my

I t feels like the clutch is slipping in twelfth gear on my FH. 12
JA: This is potentially serious. How long has it been going on?
Customer: Just started had new clutch and pressure plate 9000km ago
JA: I'm sorry but I'm not sure we have an expert who covers what you are looking for. Maybe if you give me more details I will find you a connection to someone who can help you.
Customer: Had mechanic fix oil leaks at back off motor and they took the transmission out and now it feels like the clutch is slipping under load in top gear could they have the clutch plate around the wrong way or would it need resetting
JA: I can help you talk to the mechanic. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: I have heard of the clutch plate around the wrong way as it works back to front
JA: OK. The mechanic will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the mechanic can help you best.
Customer: They never put a computer on the truck after they put it all back together and I have just done drivers reset
JA: Is there anything else important you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Will it need to be reset and adjusted by a computer
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't have mobile phone coverage here
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please send me the details on the email thank you Clarry

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok, what trans do you have???

there is no re set with computer as this is mechanical control.

if the disc was installed backwards, as you suggested, you would have many other issues.

Roy

do you still need help??? I see you viewed my response

Roy

have a nice day

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is still not working as no one knows how to fix the problem

ok, it has been 6 days since you posted.

what kind of trans?? what year??? is it hydraulic or manual linkage???

Roy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is 12 /05 built it has I shift automatic transmission air operated single plate clutch. The clutch is automatically operated so if you select A it automatically changes up and down through the gears

ok, thanks. in that case there is either a pressure plate or disc failure. you will need the clutch to be removed again and inspected but it will need to be replaced.

Please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts. we are subcontractors for the site and get a small portion of what the site charges you. you can hit the accept button at the top of the page or 5 stars.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Roy I am sorry Iets not be so hasty as I have just spoken to Volvo and these are not a ordinary clutch as they are a few millimetres different each side of the plate and it is adjusted by a computer and it can tell the ware on the plate and it can be put in the wrong way and does not allow it to slide on the shaft properly so I have been advised to get a computer with Volvo database to check it out . Thank you Clarry

I understand. freightliner has a similar clutch set up with single disc. I have done several. if you put the disc in backwards, it will not disengage at all.

a computer will not tell them anything as it is not monitored.

Roy

thank you