Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a Mack 12 speed TRTXL1070B. I need to know where the

Customer Question

I have a Mack 12 speed TRTXL1070B. I need to know where the airlines go from the extended low range switch on the dash board to the transmission. Do they go to the rear air cylinders or the front air cylinder. I replaced the transmission, I have all other gear ranges except the extended low. Not sure if airlines got switched and not sure if the extended low range is the front or back air cylinder. Thanks
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: It is a 1989 MACK DM with an E6300, factory 12 speed transmission
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Bare with me while i see what I have for diagrams

Click on this link and let me know if this helps or if you need more help.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the diagram. The diagram you gave me is for high / low range and neutral / reverse ranges. I need to see a diagram for the extended low range which is the switch on the dash board and air lines go to the air cylinder on the very front of the transmission just behind the bell housing.
Thanks
Gabe

thanks for the update. i hope you had a great weekend. Let me see if I have that one for you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just following up, haven't heard anything, any luck on finding a diagram for the extended low range on my mack 12 speed

Ive found nothing so far on that diagram but it should be pretty straight forward as it is a two position air switch. ill check another source and see if I can find this for you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just checking in to see if you were able to find anything. Although it is straight forwarder there are several wires and I am trying to confirm if the wires are run correctly or if maybe they were hooked up wrong.

Ive found info on the transmission but not the dash switch on this. I tried. Lets see if maybe another expert has the dash or chassis schematic for you. I am going to open this up for other experts to view and chime in if they can help.