Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

We are replacing the headgasket in my 2006 Volvo VNL 660

Customer Question
We are replacing the headgasket...

We are replacing the headgasket in my 2006 Volvo VNL 660 Truck with the Cummins ISX 475 HP. We have done my 2005 two yARS AGO AND BORROWED THE SERVICE BOOK AND TIMMING PIN AND CAMMS, nOW that neighboer has moved. So I need the Torque specs and sequence , and info if anyone rents or lends timing pin and Cams, . Our Valve cover cam code is 46. Thanks, Henry ******JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine? Customer: Engine serial #79138496 JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you? Customer: I think this is all needed.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/3/2017
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I have the shop manuals if that will help you out. They are pdf from Cummins. I'll send the offer for them. They are the cost I pay to pull them and I pass that straight through with no mark up.

On the tool rental, that is all based on where you live. II know Cummins South will do loan programs, but others will charge you for those tools as well. There is a company I deal with that I buy tools from called Monaco Tool Company. They might know where you can rent tools online (maybe even through them), but I know of you have to buy them or borrow from a tech in a shop. There are quite a few mechanics out there that will loan them for a cool $50, but that all depends on the repoir with that mechanic.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I have the offer listed for the manuals. They are a 4 volume set. 2 troubleshoot and 2 service. Everything you need for the enigne. If you decide you don;t want them, let me know and I will list the numbers out. The manuals are cheap though as you will see in my offer.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician