Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I have a Freightliner M2 with a Cat C7 in it. Today while

Customer Question

I have a Freightliner M2 with a Cat C7 in it. Today while doing the normal local delivery route it started to idle rough and then would not get over 45mph. So we limped it back to the dealer and they ran it and it came up with the 164-11 fault and 164-2 fault. They were not able to help out any time soon so we limped it back to the warehouse. It was never turned off until we got back to the warehouse since we were not sure if it would start again or not. So we get it back and it was idling rough and we got it to a safe place to turn it off. We started it and all was back to normal? Engine ran fine and we drove it about 10 miles with no issues. Now this is a 2006 model truck and has about 280,000 miles on it. Recently had the intake heater replaced and few other items. The shop seemed to think it was just the sensor but I am afraid of the Heui pump possibly going bad? Also the check engine light would flash off and on randomly before and now shows nothing. It has been running just fine and out of now where started this and now after turning it off and back on it runs and operates fine again? Any ideas?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
There are two things I have seen cause this.
The first and most common is a faulty injection actuation pressure sensor. I would try changing it first.
Second is a faulty heui pump. If replacing the sensor does not help. I would next replace the pump.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 7 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.