Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

93 gmc c6000 366 when you slow down coming into town let off

Customer Question

93 gmc c6000 366 when you slow down coming into town let off the gas the truck dies, you can up shift some times and it take off or some times down shift and it goes again. changed fuel filter and the distubter but still does it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If you are certain the timing is correct and you are getting good gas supply pressure to the carb then be sure there are no leaks and restrictions and the fuel pump is pumping as it should. If so drain and clean the carburetor fuel bowl and jets. It is likely a carburetor issue. If theis does not resolve the problem I recommend rebuilding the carburetor and also checking for vacuum leaks at the intake manifold. Let me know