Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

My truck is a 2001 CH 613 Mack with 427 engine and I am

Customer Question

My truck is a 2001 CH 613 Mack with 427 engine and I am getting air in my water system, pushing my water out of hoses and everything
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The heavy truck mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: I have spent enough on this truck, it has new Bendix compressor,air dryer,clutch fan, regulator, radiator, new hoses
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Have you ran a combustion gas test at the radiator? Where you suck the gases off the top of the radiator through the liquid and if the liquid changes color , you have combustion gases entering the cooling system from a cracked head or head gasket. Most large auto supplys carry the tester and rent them.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that's not the problem, now what

Any overheating? Does it start as soon as engine is started? If you put pressure tester on the radiator does pressure continue to climb past 14 lbs.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no but builds up air pressure and then blows out the water

Compressor air pressure ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I feel this has been a waste of my money, I am not talking and adding more to what you have already charged me, yes compressor air

Site , not me, I rather continue via web. You already changed the compressor and no change. I see no other connection between the air system and the cooling system other than the compressor hoses. Have you removed the compreesor cooling hoses and plugged them for a short test>

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No,maybe hoses are hooked up wrong, about ready to put the Gray ghost (ch613)in the junk yard