Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I have c-15 eng. serial number 6nz87395 that was blowing

Customer Question

I have c-15 eng. serial number 6nz87395 that was blowing coolant out overflow, has new air compressor on it , pulled cyl head of no sighns of blown head gasket or cracks in head surface, have not totally inspected cylinder lines yet but what else can I chgeck
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: cat c-15 engine serial number 6nz87395
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: air compressor is new no signs of failed head gasket
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.If the air compressor has been replaced and the head gasket looks good.
You have either a cracked cylinder liner flange or cracked head. I've seen this before.
Cracked liner flanges are hard to see. They need to be removed and inspected on the back side. Very hard to see cracks from the inside. They can only be seen in the back. I would pull all the liners first. If none are cracked. All that's left is a cracked head.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 8 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.