Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

There is no power to anything, no lights, no clicking noise

Customer Question

there is no power to anything, no lights, no clicking noise when you turn the key over, and batterys are fully charged
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 99 Kenworth w900. 3406e cat
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and haven't tried anything yet, got dark out, will try in the morning
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

I would take a look at each battery connection. With no power to anything, battery cables connections are the most likely problem. Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage? Each battery fully charged would be over 13 volts!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
battery cables cleaned and good, each battery is showing 12 volts right now, is there a inline fuse for the ecm somewhere?

Power for the system comes from battery cable , off the starter solenid, back to the fuse panel. Are you getting battery power to the fuse panel?

Let me opt out and see if someone with diagram on the KW has anything. Sorry.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no power to fuse panel or anything on truck, starter will turn over if you jump it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you got the problem solved, it was a ground wire where it connects together, works like a charm now,

So it was to do with the battery ground! Thanks,