Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Changed an already dpf deleted 08 acert to single turbo,

Customer Question

Changed an already dpf deleted 08 acert to single turbo, turbo seals started blowing oil in 7k miles, sent the turbo in for warranty but mechanic suspects excessive crankcase pressure. Went to check filter and there isn't one. Engine uses no oil and runs good. Has a couple other oil leaks that indicate high crankcase pressure. Any way to reduce pressure without changing topend to 6nz?
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 08 pete 389, c-15 acert
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Unfortunately if there is high crankcase pressure. There is no easy way to reduce the pressure. I am sorry. I wish there was.
As I am sure you know. High crankcase pressure is caused by worn cylinders, worn air compressor, worn valve guides, or a faulty turbo.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 9 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.