Alex Olsen
Alex Olsen,
Experience:  Lead technican at Astleford international trucks
96118949

I do have 98 international 4700 466e 7.6 One problem is I

Customer Question

Hi I do have 98 international 4700 466e 7.6 One problem is I instal full pressuer gage on car in low idle is 20 psi car working good in high rpm. The full pressuer drop to zero What is wrong with this car
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: I donot have serial number now but car is international diesel 7.6 liter 4700 dt 466e. Model
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also thd car have one check ball inside full line what is that check ball. Do what does for. I do check primery pump working fine but that check ball inside full line is bad one side is turn up and is low on full when I push gas on acceralation
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there someone to help me
Expert:  Alex Olsen replied 9 months ago.

hi im alex, that is a check ball, keeps fuel from draining back when the engine is not running

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thankson same car 98 international 4700 dt 446e I start car easy with out problem but car doe not have power when I accelerate then why i install full pump gage on car while is running on idle is shoes 20 psi when I accelerate gas pedal the full pressuer drop to zero. How much spect must be full pressuer on this car

you should have at least 50psi at full throttle, have you replaced the fuel filters?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I never replace full pump. but why the engine working when I start car easy. but when I accelerate gas pedal the car smoke a lot gas from pipe but never die still running. I test drive car is hard to go even 30 miles but on idle is working ver good
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But full pressuer drop a lot in acceleration gas pedal

yes have you replaced the fuel filters?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I replace the new full filter and check my primery pump working good

ok if you have replaced the filter then it sounds like you have a restriction in the fuel supply line,

minimum fuel pressure at idle is 45psi could also be the fuel pressure regulator at the back of the head

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok what I must do to fix that so my full pressuer not stay 20 psi and not drop to zero

i would check the pressure regulator, it is on the return line on the back of the rail

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you think that is reason my full pressuer goes to zero whe I accelarate gas pedal. Car not go more than 30 miles in full throttle. Do you think full pump is weak cause this problem or pressuer regulator in back is bad

i world check for restriction in fuel supply line

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How I can fix this restriction in full supply line what I must do to fix this problem

try running the engine off a alternate fuel source, attached is the performance diag sheet

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There is no other way to fix this restriction full line I donot get this part. this is mean there is something goes in side line and stuck there then the car doesnot have power in accelat full throttle

no you can fix it but by running on an alternate fuel soruce you will see if that really is the problem before you just start replacing parts it could be something stuck in the supply line or something in the tank

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok Alex Thanks I go open all full line and every thing start clean them and put them togather but I donot have for restriction any tools. Is there is other way to get out this restriction from line out accept the way you show me now .

you could pull the line off the filter head and tank and blow air through it

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also do you think restriction in full line cause me to drop my full pressuer to zero becuse I have full pressuer gage I instal On full line it drop to zero when is full throttle

yes sir it could

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I go do all you told me thanks when I done I can tax you again to let you know something also happen also where I can buy new check ball for full line who seal that check ball I want replace that one do u know any part store have that

you would have to go to an international dealer for that ball im nut sure where else you would get one

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thanks

your welcome

do you need any more help with this?

i am an independent contractor, i do not receive any compensation until you rate my service, any follow up questions after rating will be free of charge. Thanks

Please rate my service when you get a chance, i will continue to help after you rate me, i have helped customers up to 25days after first contact so rate with confidence, thank you