Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I'VE GOT A 2014 FORD F-750 WITH A CUMMINS ISB. HAD A CHECK

Customer Question

I'VE GOT A 2014 FORD F-750 WITH A CUMMINS ISB. HAD A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ACTIVE CODE FOR THE VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR. FOUND THE TRANSMISSION WIRING HARNESS MELTED. WE REPLACED THE TRANSMISSION WIRING HARNESS AND VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR. CEL KEEPS COMING ON WITH SAME CODE. AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. WE NEED AN ENGINE ECM PIN DIAGRAM, TRANS ECM PIN DIAGRAM, AND VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR PIN DIAGRAM. THANK YOU.YOU CAN TEXT PHONE #***-***-****
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  roybelding replied 9 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

engine serial number???

if you replaced the harness for the trans, why do you need a pin out for trans ecm???

Roy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not at shop, can you talk in morning, Bruce will be at shop tomorrow.
If we are thinking right, speedometer sensor goes into trans ecm, then to engine ecm. We are trying to make sure wiring from new transmission wire harness to engine ecm is ok. Trying to figure out active engine code.
Thank you
Clay

ok

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Goodmorning sir my name is ***** ***** I am the tech working on the truck... first to start over the customer had complained of the truck going in derate mode and check eng light coming on. When I hooked truck to cummins insite the only code that would show was 0241 wheel-based vehicle speed data erractic. I checked out sensor and replaced. found trans harness was severly melted internally in different spots so I replaced the harness. test drove after and all good. Later the truck came back and the Customer complained it only happened when the truck is hot. I checked the resistance in the harness from connector to trans ecm connector and it was good.. I was wanting to know what pin it crossed over to go from the trans ecm to truck ecm

was this anew harness or used??

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It was new