Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Jeremy, I have a a 2012 Volvo with a D13 that just threw out

Hey Jeremy,I have a a...
Hey Jeremy,I have a a 2012 Volvo with a D13 that just threw out two codes and is asking for a parked regen.
I have tried to do a parked regen but it start the process and about 5 min into the regen it stops.These are codes
SA 0 SPN 3936 FMI 0
SA 0 SPN 3675 FMI 7After the regen it threw out these codes
SA0 SPN 102 FMI 2
SA 0 SPN 102 FMI 14
SA 0 SPN 103 FMI 9
SA 0 SPN 1127 FMI 18
SA 0 SPN 3481 FMI 14
Answered in 2 days by:
10/18/2016
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** you get this resolved or still need help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your the first tech to respond.
But, I did some research and found that the light that turned on means the dpf filter needs to be cleaned. So I have sent the filter for cleaning. I still don't know what the codes mean. Any help is appreciated

ECM

SPN

3936,

Aftertreatment

DPF

System–MID128 PSID 28

Type of

fault:

FMI

Description:

Fault

Condition:

Possible

Symptoms:

Possible

Cause:

FMI

0

Data

valid

but

above

normal

operational

range

-

Most

severe

level

Aftertreatment

DPF differential pressure sensor value too

high

MIL

illuminated

• Aftertreatment DPF differential

pressure sensor

• Aftertreatment

particulate

filter

Possible filter as you thought or a DPF differential

pressure sensor issue.

ECM

SPN 3675,

Engine

Turbocharger

Compressor

Bypass

Valve

Position

MID 128 PPID 330

FMI

7

Mechanical

system not

responding or out of

adjustment

Mechanically

Stuck

On/off

valve can't be

activated

MIL

illuminated

Yellow Check lamp

illuminated

Regeneration

not

possible

High

engine

braking

without

request

Driveability

affected

Valve

constantly

activated

Major engine

derate

Leaking

pipes

Faulty bypass valve

solenoid

Check you turbo and intake piping for leaks and your bypass valve solenoid for proper operation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is the bypass valve solenoid located.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When you say bypass valve is it the same as the turbo actuator?

Hi. Yes it is mounted to the turbo. Click on this link for the bypass valve replacement procedure and information on the valve.

Troubleshooting/Repair

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I actually googled these instruction already.

Okay great. How are you making out on this?

I help on here in between jobs as time allows so if you need further help I will always respond back on my next available logins

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got the valve off.. But what do I look for on the vave its self. Is there a way to tell if it has gone bad?

Check to see if it is sticking or has excessive carbon build up and if so it is usually replaced as it is rare to get it functioning properly by trying to clean it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Should the piston inside move freely. Even with the touch of my hand. Right the now the piston doesn't move. It feel jammed.

Is the solenoid functioning that moves the piston? It should not be completely jammed but the solenoid is what moves it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Valve seems fine. It doesn't stick.
What can I look at next?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The only thing I notice is.. Sometimes the metal ring with a orange o ring under the piston pops off sometimes.

Are there any leaks if you were to pressure test? This would cause low boost pressure.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am trying to get a hold of pressure tester. But the are hard to come by unless you order and wait for it to arrive.

If you have trouble finding a set up you could always adapt low pressure regulated air to say 15 PSI or so and then spray with soapy water to detect leaks by air bubbles. Let me know

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson