Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I am trying to diagnose a 2008 Volvo trucks DPF regen

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to diagnose a 2008 Volvo trucks DPF regen problem. The CAN system is telling me SPN 3712, which is "system fault active." But there is no way I can find of telling what a "system fault" is.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Volvo?

VNM42T

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I guess so. We have installed an aftermarket system on the truck, and are trying to figure out why the DPF regen is no longer working. It is fine on a 2010 model.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's the best I can offer. :-)

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 day by:
10/12/2016
Technician: Doug Barnowski,
 replied 1 year ago
Doug Barnowski

Hi, my name is Doug.

Can you get me the last 6 numbers of the VIN on the truck you are working on so I can look up the code?

Also the code is SPN 3712, correct?