cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

I have 2015 dodge 607 diesel want to use insite from to

Customer Question

i have 2015 dodge 607 diesel want to use insite from to chang engine brake parameter. found the 4 weather pack data line. is there anything i need to do to get insite to work
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have used the inline six adapter and insite wont connect even had the key on. tested the wires and got 120 ohms which i believe needs to be 60 ohms
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: will i need to wire in the terminating resistor
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jackie Dempsey replied 9 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer! I will be more than happy to assist you. Can I please have your 8 digit engine serial number?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
my engine s/n 58482337

Thank you for that information, to connect are you plugging into the cab or the datalink connector on the engine?

I apologize I can not do a phone call at this time.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Through the data link on engine

I have been attempting to access the engine specific information however it looks like it is only an OEM allowable serial number. You will have to contact the OEM (chrystler). However I have seen this before and it turned out to be a needed update the Insight program. Are you running the most current version of Insight? I would also suggest to wire in the terminating resistor on the backbone as this can be an issue as well.

Expert:  cumminsdr replied 9 months ago.

You cannot use the insite program on Dodge products.You must have the dealer hook up their software to change anything. The last time you were allowed to use Insite on a Dodge was 2005.Please don't forget to rate my service.

Hi just following up. Please don't forget to rate my service.

Please don't forget to rate my service.