Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a 2005 International 7600, with a ISM Cummins, engine

Customer Question
#35119108, it droped a valve...
I have a 2005 International 7600, with a ISM Cummins, engine #35119108, it droped a valve so we put a reman head on and a new injector, now the engine won't start on it's on it will start with starting fluid then stay running as long as you keep the pedal down when you take your foot off the pedal it shuts off , good fuel and oil pressue checked valve and injector setting twice, im lost
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
10/4/2016
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Are you getting any codes coming up on this? All harnesses are plugged in? Did you check the return check valve to make sure nothing was caught in the head and is now holding that valve open to keep the pressure in the head when you are idling the truck?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
one code. Sid230. Idle validation switch fm12 data erratic, intermittent or incorrect.

The idle validation switch is the accelerator pedal switch. That explains why it is dying out.

Replace the pedal switch. There is dirt in it or the contacts are just worn and causing the code. I see that a lot!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But will that not let it start on its own

Not always. When the engine can't see that idle validation switch, it is essentially telling the engine that the pedal has been removed. That idle validation holds your ground for the neutral switch in it as well. They run the same circuit at the ground.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician