Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

2012 INTERNATIONAL vin# 3HSDJSJR1CN620737. We have been

2012 INTERNATIONAL vin# ***** We...
2012 INTERNATIONAL vin# ***** We have been having issues with this truck not drawing fuel equally. So first what happened was there was piece of rag that went in DRIVER SIDE TANK and cause PASSENGER SIDE TO COMPLETELY EMPTY AND DRIVER side to OVERFLOW. So we had shop take out rag from DRIVER side so then it ran good for few hundred miles and problem Shifted to Passenger side tank over flowing and Driver side empty. We changed the driver side tank and vents on both tanks. Still same problem. Took fuel lines off and blow air throw from the fuel filter all the way to tanks. All clear still not returning fuel to Driver side. It Dr was equally while idling but overflow passenger side while on. Highway speed. If I plug either side and run on only one side it has no problem . Any help ?
10/1/2016
Wayne, Journeyman

HI I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

do you have a return line to each tank ??

Thank you for that

Then your issue is in the spliter valve

Hi. If this helped you,

Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more stars.

I do not get paid for question, unless you rate my answer

If more info is needed, use the reply button -

NOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE

I suggest you replace that

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But that is basic plastic T. And we blew through lines cleared all. And there are no signs of Leake?

Thank you for that

then re-check the return lines

and remove the tee, something is blocking it

air may go thru , but not fuel

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What are the chances of bad fuel tank without leaks ?

HI

Slim to none, very remote

do a test >>>>>>>>>>

run the return line from that tank into a 5-10 bucket

and drive it around yard about 5-7MPH

see how much fuel you get

in 10 minutes you should see about 1+2 gallons

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
At idle it throws fuel evenly out of both return lines

Thank you for that

if it is equal from both returns,

there is a blockage at the Passenger tank or in the TEE

no other explanation

Take that Tee out and replace it , just for grins

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Took the T off there were two. Both are ckear n nothing in it. It's basic Ts like plumbing . What now?

Thank you for that

oK that is clear per you,

full flow both return lines in a bucket correct

that only leaves , a blocked return line in the passenger tanks

pull that line return on that tank

Hi. If this helped you,

NOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Return plugged or suction because it over flows on passenger side

Hi

Return Plugged ,reason being you told me they both drain equal

Wayne, Journeyman
Wayne, Journeyman