cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

I have a peterbilt 379 w/a cCummins ISX [email protected] engine. This is

Customer Question

I have a peterbilt 379 w/a cCummins ISX [email protected] engine. This is a brand new engine just installed in July.
When my fuel gets hot or at a 1/2 tank it starts missing and acts like it is runnign out of fuel. I have changed the fuel filter several times; doesn't help.
I'm at a loss of what this could be.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 11 months ago.

You should try running the engine off a 5 bucket of fuel direct to the engine bypassing all oem lines and tank. and see if the issue persists. If not acting up on the bucket of fuel suspect an issue within the fuel tank such as the stand pipe is cracked or tank is not venting properly also trace fuel lines out and check for kinks or damage, If the issue remains while running off a bucket of fuel than take the unit back to Cummins to troubleshoot under warranty.

Just following up, Please don't forget to rate my service.