Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a Cummins ISC 275HP engine in my motorhome. While

Customer Question
driving the amber engine light...
I have a Cummins ISC 275HP engine in my motorhome. While driving the amber engine light and bell came on momentarily...and the the red stop engine light also blinked on. No loss of power or anything.. Happened twice today... Have driven 400 miles over past few days with no issue..Any ideas?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Assuming you mean the Engine not the vin.#
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: looking for engine number on paperwork...I think the engine may be running a little warmer than normal too...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
engine serial # 45803130
9/10/2016
Technician: go-west.., Technician replied 1 year ago
go-west..
go-west.., Technician

good afternoon

do you have the fault codes possibly ?

if not then the most common possibly here is coolant level,inspect and made sure its on the high side of the expansion tank,Let me know how you do..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not have access to any Fault Codes. I check the coolant at the beginning of each day and top of the overflow tank if needed. I have gotten the lights and bells in the past. In the past it is been a fuel issue. Last year I had the first fuel pump replaced. Before this trip I had it serviced at Cummins and all filters were changed including the Fuel filter. The first two days of the trip went fine. Yesterday we stopped at Flying J and fueled up. 30 miles later when I got off the highway was the first recent occurrence. It happened as I was almost was up to road speed. after making a turn. I will try to get to Cummins in Charleston SC to see if they can put it on the computer and check the fault code. Wondering is it could be a lose wire or such. Hoping it's not the fuel pump again...that was $1000+

Yes

When the fuel pump went was is causing the stop engine light to come on to ??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Probably...but it goes on and off so quick... the first time it happened... I did lose power and it was the fuel filter..so I figured I got a bad tank of fuel..since then, every time the oil is change I change the fuel filter to be on the safe side. Oddly...when the fuel pump was replace the engines was running fine, the computer showed a fuel restriction... Cummins said that it should have a filter before the first pump...but of course that was something they were not interested in doing.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This time there appeared to be no loss of power..

interesting,

what year is this motorhome ,we may able to get get codes from the dash eh ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2000 Gulfstream Motorhome... Chassis and Engine are 1999.. the dash only has a rectangle panel with idiot lights
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As you can imagine, it's not a confidence builder when you are on day 3 of a 31 day trip.

No doubt..

Have a look under your dash were they plug into the connector with there computer

sometimes beside it there is a chk eng button,if you have one then we can check for codes..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will have to look all around.. think it was in an outside compartment as there is little access under the dash.. will let you know if I find anything.
OK
go-west..
go-west..
go-west.., Technician