Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

My truck 2012 Cascadia show fault code sfu 49. What is it? I

Customer Question
Hi my truck 2012 Cascadia...
Hi my truck 2012 Cascadia show fault code sfu 49. What is it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Truck Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I just change new starter. And it come up that sfu 49, after change new starter
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Truck Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Old starter Delco Remy(###) ###-#### and the new Delco Remy(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
8/30/2016
Technician: go-west.., Technician replied 1 year ago
go-west..
go-west.., Technician
Good morning
Sfu code is for the switch field unit
49 is only half the code
If you push the button with the bent arrow then you be able to get the rest of that code. Like 49 fmi 45 or something like that
Let me know
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, my truck is in the yard and I'm away from it. I let you know when ready
OK
Take your time
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi I'm back
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This process go like this: diag 1, fault 1, SFU 49, 52030 2 SPN
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Sorry
I'm here
52030 it's the number I need but it's 6 numbers
You have given me 5
Please check again
Ty
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
520302
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is 520302 the right number!
Alright
It means one of your switches in the dash or sleeper is shorted low
You can still run the truck with no worries
Usually what happens is pop or coffee leaks in and causes problems.
Remove the switch that has the hazard triangle in it.this is the msf or switch master. You will see 3 pin connectors. These are the ones I'm talking about they connect all the switches together in the truck. Check for corrosion. To remove switch modules. on the end of switch module you will see tabs one on each side. Pull both tabs out about 1 inch and the switch modules will come right outGood luck
And let me know how you to
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will check it with your instructions. Will let you know the result later. Thanks for your kindness and time.
No problem
Please accept if satisfied
Good morning
Haven't heard from you. Do you have any other questions?
go-west..
go-west..
go-west.., Technician