Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I drive a 2011 international that's been sitting for two

Customer Question

I drive a 2011 international that's been sitting for two months the truck was taken to have the oil changed and on the way back started puttering per gear at the stop lights -like it didn't want to go at half throttle or more. Did it right after I opened her up on the freeway. Its feeling like an injector or a clogged gas line and I'm just wondering what the best remedy for a sitting truck ,or Rusty gas line, stuck injector might be. Do you agree with me too. Thanks
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the fuel filter was not replaced it is very possible that it is restricted needing replaced.I have seen some of the fuel filters on diesels clog up and cause this fault here.If this is or was already replaced and did not correct the fault here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok. I checked on it.
I did an oil change 8000 miles ago and then it sat for 2 months. Surely they last 15000--18000 miles, and it would be too soon to replace the filter and oil this early
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

O.k.,but was the fuel filter replaced then at all when the oil filter was changed?