Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a JD 6810.power quad transmission. The engine start

Customer Question
Hi, my name is *****...
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have a JD 6810.power quad transmission. The engine start and run normally . After selecting the gear ( A, B, C, D, or F ) tractor start moving for few minutes, and than is " jumping " itself from the gear. Any help please.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: JD 6810, year 2001, serial no L06810V301649
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When engine is hot , this is happen more often
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
8/22/2016
Technician: John Oliver,
 replied 1 year ago
John Oliver

good morning Marius my name is ***** ***** ill be your tech today. can i still assist you with this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please advice regarding my problem
Brdgs Marius Balan
Technician: John Oliver,
 replied 1 year ago

just so i have a better understanding.... do you feel as if the trans is jumping out of gear because the engine is running rough?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The trans is jumping out of gear whitout any reasons after a few minuts of running
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My phone no is 0040740581047 ( România )
Technician: Kevin, Technician replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with your question.

Is it the A B C D range shift lever popping back to the neutral position or is the left hand reverser going back to neutral?

Let me know when you have a free moment.

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have exactly the same problem as this : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uqcue3e_XcY

Thank you that helped me better understand the problem. Can you tell me if you have the same style of left hand reverser as the one in the video? That is the late style and would be the updated replacement that your tractor would get. The reverser style makes a difference on what diagnostic method I have you take.

Let me know when you have time

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
left hand reverser is exactly the same like in video.

My apologies as I have been away.

The late style reverser will actually store RCU codes that we can retrieve to determine what is causing the tractor to default back to neutral. The following steps will walk you through the procedure to retrieve the fault code.

1. Install a spare fuse in the vacant port labeled "CAL" or "DIA".
  2. Turn the key to the run position, the display should "DIA".
  3. Use the turn signal switch as if making a right turn until the display reads "RCU".
  4. Pull the turn signal switch to the flash to pass position (towards the steering wheel) to enter the RCU controller address list.
  5. Use the turn signal switch as if making a right turn until the display reads 001. You may have to pull the turn signal switch to the flash to pass position again. The display should start scrolling through the list of stored codes.
  6. When the word "END" is displayed turn the red warning lamp switch on and back off to clear the stored codes.
  7. Remove the previously installed fuse and operate the tractor until it coasts back to a stop. Repeate Steps 1 thru 5 and let me know what code or codes returned. We will then be able to see what is causing the tractor to go o neutral.

Let me know when you get time.

Thanks,
Kevin

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson