Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Truck pro star international 2008 air leak at the air brake

Customer Question
truck pro star international 2008...
truck pro star international 2008 air leak at the air brake foot valve i replaced with a new one still doing the same it is leaking at the center of the valve, there is a screw and a flappy rubber seal. the tractor stop light keeps on all the time even when is turn off, and if i hook a trailer and drive for a mile or so, and stop, there is a smell like burning brakes on the trailer not the tractor.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/9/2016
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

what you are describing may be a brake chamber

leaking back internally

To check this out, block off each parking brake hose 1 at a time

to see if it stops , if yes replace that chamber

I hope this helped you

Hi. If this helped you,

please remember to rate my answer 3 or more stars.

If more info is needed, use the reply button -

NOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just remember the tractor is not locking up it keeps rolling but at the same time it leaks air at the foot brake valve

Thank you for that

I still suggest to check brake chambers

it can bleed back with out locking the brakes

if all OK, issue is the the tractor protection valve

Hi. If this helped you,

NOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Non of that worked still the same with a new tractor protection valve I paid $527.00 for it. Still the same.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still leaking air...

Hi

Did you ever block off the brake chamber hoses 1 at a time ?

parking brake side

Wayne, Journeyman