Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a 2000 12.7 ltr low power and sound like a flutter

Customer Question
I have a 2000 12.7...
I have a 2000 12.7 ltr low power and sound like a flutter sometimes when you get on the throttle.
We did a cylinder cut out and 3 of the 6 have about a point lower reading than the other 3
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Truck Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Just had cam replaced
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 2 days by:
8/11/2016
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

This question was in the wrong category for a couple days and that is why no one saw it.

Do you still need assistance?

If so, what do you mean the injectors were a point lower? Are you referring to the pulse width? Was it 3 injectors together as in 1,2,3 or 4,5,6? Or was it random injectors?

When the cam was replaced, was the valve adjustment done 150 miles after? Have you checked the measurements of the valve adjust now to make sure the injectors are getting a good push for the pattern?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

If you need manuals, diagrams, etc please don’t hesitate to ask. I have access to several different OEM resource sites and can provide these items as needed for a premium service at the direct technician cost to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback and not the site feedback. If for some reason you don’t see the rating screen, please reply with the rating you would like to give me.

If you feel you need to rate lower than 4 stars, please contact me first for I strive for full customer satisfaction.

Please note that customers are required to rate per your end user service agreement with the site.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson