Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have 06 Volvo with ISX Cummins just replaced engine and

Customer Question

I have 06 Volvo with ISX Cummins just replaced engine and now it is very slow about accelerating Cummins Insite says it has a 0132 active red and a 0551 active yellow do I need to put the ECM on the engine that was originally in the truck
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Code 0132 indicates the accelerator pedal position sensor is not calibrated to the ECM.The other code looks to be a code for code storage memory or ecu fault.I suspect since you do not have the same ecu that was already in this model that the original ecu may need installed and programmed by a dealer as well as the app sensor calibrated to the ecm to correct this issue.

You can try first to see if a repair facility or dealer can recalibrate the app to ecm signal and see if this resolves all of the issues here but your ecm may be the cause needing replaced with the original and programmed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete