Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I overhaul my international motor with a complete overhaul

Customer Question

I overhaul my international motor with a complete overhaul kit and took it for a test drive and everything ran good but when I got back I looked and seen oil coming out of the valve cover vent hose
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: when this started a month ago with the oil coming out of the blowby hose international said I had to overhaul the engine. I did. after I ran it for 50 miles it started again. I took the head off and all my slevees had groves in them. international said I got some bad parts. I call the company and they gave me a discount on new parts. I put it all back together and took it for another test drive and I'm back to the same problem with oil coming out of the valve cover vent hose and blowby pressure coming form the dip stick tube.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. When the original failure occurred what procedure did you use to clean out the oil galleys through the block and crankshaft, front timing gears, etc? Is there an overheating or high temp issue? If not it sounds more like contamination from the original failure. Let me know

Also let me know the complete model information and year of this engine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm home now

Hi Sorry I missed your response. I had logged out and then got tied up on road calls the last few days. I will be out again tomorrow but I will always reply back on my next login. Did you still need further help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a 1994 international with a dt 466 275 hp motor and no there were no heating problems and I said it was overhaul twice within three weeks. we also flushed everything out so I don't know where contamination would come from